Here are some easy tips to give you a fresh take on this old school classic.
Seasonal Spring market vegetables. Some of our favorites are:
- Watermelon radish (shave rounds and keep whole or slice into half moons, or a combination of both)
- French breakfast radish (keep whole top on)
- Green/purple daikon radish (shave into rounds)
- Purple, orange, white cauliflower (raw florets)
- Colorful baby carrots (tops on, peeled, halved if needed)
- Japanese turnips (whole, top on or halved as needed)
- English peas, pea tendrils/greens
Aside from the colorful, seasonal palate, our favorite part of this crudité is the presentation. Instead of grouping vegetables by type, try a more rustic approach and display your veg in a cornucopia-shaped display of abundance. Use a butcher block or simple sheet tray flipped upside down and consider letting a few veggies fall onto the table. The idea is to be graceful, but down to earth and even slightly messy, complementing the beauty of the farm bounty on display.