Roasted Corn Salsa
Use the sweetest, farm-fresh corn for this simple, delightful, late-summer salad with a jalapeño kick.
- 3 cups fresh corn (about 3 ears)
- 4 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced separately
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black peper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded, ribs removed, finely diced
- 1 fresh jalapeño chili, finely diced (including seeds)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over moderately high heat until hot, then pan-roast corn, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Cook white part of scallions in butter with garlic, teaspoon salt, cumin, chili power, and black pepper in skillet over moderate heat, stirring until scallions are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in corn, tomatoes and jalapeños.
- Stir in cilantro and scallion greens.